How To Join An Event
In order to join an event, you need to register and pay.
Members need to log in to their account to register for events. Members still need to register for an event to obtain their discounts for those events that they need to pay for. Members do not need to pay for or register for those events that form part of their membership benefits.
Non-members can join an event by booking through the Diary of Events and Registration page.
Once we receive your registration and payment, you will receive an email with the Zoom link for the session and instructions explaining how to join the event.
A few minutes before the event time, you need to find the email with the Zoom link.
If you are new to Zoom, you need to copy and paste the Zoom link into your browser and follow these instructions for how to access Zoom.
You can Join a Zoom meeting without downloading the app – instructions below are from the Zoom Website
The Zoom website gives you very detailed information about joining a meeting, so here is their simplified version if you don’t have Zoom on your computer or phone or don’t want it installed:
Note: The meeting host must enable Show a “Join from your browser” link for their participants.
- Locate the meeting invite link from your email or calendar invitation.
- Click the join linkto join the meeting.
On your web browser, a pop-up window will prompt you to open or download the application.
- In the pop-up window, click Cancel.
- At the bottom of the page, click join from your browser.
You will be directed to a new page.
- Click Allowto allow Zoom permission for your microphone and camera.
- Sign in with your name to join the meeting.
- (Optional) Select the Remember my name for future meetingscheck box.
- Click Join.
You will be either taken to the Waiting Room to be let in or go straight into the meeting.
The event leader will know you are waiting and just before the start time will let you in to the meeting.