How to get Zoom
A few minutes before the event time, you need to find the email with the Zoom link.
If you are new to Zoom, you need to copy and paste the Zoom link into your browser and follow these instructions for how to access Zoom.
You can Join a Zoom meeting without downloading the app – instructions below are from the Zoom Website
The Zoom website gives you very detailed information about joining a meeting, so here is their simplified version if you don’t have Zoom on your computer or phone or don’t want it installed:
Note: The meeting host must enable Show a “Join from your browser” link for their participants.
- Locate the meeting invite link from your email or calendar invitation.
- Click the join link to join the meeting.
On your web browser, a pop-up window will prompt you to open or download the application.
- In the pop-up window, click Cancel.
- At the bottom of the page, click join from your browser.
You will be directed to a new page.
- Click Allow to allow Zoom permission for your microphone and camera.
- Sign in with your name to join the meeting.
- (Optional) Select the Remember my name for future meetings check box.
- Click Join.
You will be either taken to the Waiting Room to be let in or go straight into the meeting.
The event leader will know you are waiting and just before the start time will let you in to the meeting.